Sunday, January 22, 2012
9 months old!
My Sweet 9 Month Old!
He Loves Tupperware!
Helping Daddy Put Together Dino Toy!
Loving His New Dino Toy!
Really, where has the time gone? Latley I feel we have spent most of 9 months being sick. Yes, J has gone from an ear infection and then just when I thought I had faced the worst, he came down with a stomach bug last week. It was awful and so frightening to me as a mother. I mean we have all thrown up, but to see your 9 month old baby do it, is much tougher than I could have imagined. First, I thought something was terribly wrong and panicked, I mean he was projectile vomitting and every terrible thing came into my mind. Did he have an allergy, a concussion, food poisioning, or swallow something? All the while, my husband was calm and collected. Eddie was patting his back, acting like he had gone to medical school overnight. He said, "Alaina, it's just a stomach bug". He patted his back so calm and was the comforting one. I wanted to be that way, but it didn't happen, at least not for this illness. I was a wreck to see my baby that shaken up from throwing up, it just made me feel so uneasy that there wasn't anything I could do to make him stop and feel better. I know other moms can relate. The good thing is we survived it and now I feel like it is another thing we have gone through together. I feel thankful he got well, and it was not something more serious.
We did go to the doctor and she gave us some good recomendations to help Jackson through the virus. Then, we waited till the end of the week and Jackson had his 9 month check up.
He weighed 19 pounds, and is 29 1/2 inches long. He is 30th percentile for weight and 80th percentile for height.
Here is what Jackson is up to:
He takes only 4 bottles a day (We just dropped the dreamfeeding)
Eats 3 meals a day
He naps twice a day
Seems to be teething (bites the heck out of his pacifers)
Enjoys eating snacks (puffs are still his favorite)
Sits in bath tub by himself now!
Loves the water and his light up ducks!
Continues to just love music.
Talks and makes all kinds of sounds. Still says Da-da the most.
Crawls now and gets into everything!
He is quite the explorer, prefers boxes and magazines over some of his toys.
Thanks for checking in on us! We are loving Jackson and all the new things he is doing. We hope all our friends and family and doing well.
XOXO,
Alaina
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment