Sunday, October 4, 2009

Busy, Busy

Gosh, where has the time gone? It is already fall and I have been a horrible blogger!
I guess I do have an excuse. Life has been busy! However, when I say that I mean it in a good way!
I am absolutley loving my kindergarteners. It is tiring, but so rewarding and just fun!
Over the past few weeks there has been lots of learning! We also got a new class pet named Finn. Not to mention our fun class activity. In Religion, we have been talking about how God has made us all special and we all have unique gifts. So during class we made a web. I started the web and named something special about myself, then passed the white yarn to a student to name something special about themselves. This continued until we had made one,large class web. The kids loved it and it truly showed them that even though we each have special gifts, we are all connected as one.
It was a great beginning of the year activity, and hopefully it also helped everyone to get to know each other a little better too!

In the meantime, we also have done many cute fall activities that I will post soon.
Lastly,I also ran into one of my students at the sports bar last night. She was so excited to see me, and asked how I got there. I do not think she expected to see her teacher out watching football (Ole Miss) and actually eating! Ha! She was so cute.
Before we left, she brought me a note saying I was the best teacher ever and she had drawn jack-o-lanterns all over the paper. It was so sweet, and totally made my night! Her mom said I made her weekend!

Ahhh, Kindergarten it truly has been a blessing from God!

I hope everyone has a great week! Hopefully more updates sooner than later!

-XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment