Well I turned the 38 week corner yesterday and a lot has happend in the past couple of weeks. At my regularly scheduled doctor appt. about two weeks ago, a doctor in my practice requested that I go to the hospital for a weight check on baby Jackson. I immediatley panicked, and wasn't sure why she was requesting a second opinion. She said the ultrasound machine in their office is not as accurate as the one at the hospitals and that she wanted to make sure the baby is growing, because at my 32 week ultrasound he was meauring in the 15 percentile for weight. It was my only day off, so I told Eddie we really needed to call all the hopsitals they suggested and try to get in. Luckliy, after talking to a nurse at St. Agnes we were able to get in for an ultrasound. Apparently, these appointments can take 6 weeks to get but the good lord was with us, and St. Agnes squeezed us in.
We got their and completed the ultrasound and waited anxiuously to hear what the doctor had to say. He said that the baby was measuring smaller at 5 pounds and 2 ounces. He said we could just be having a smaller baby, since we have no other babies to compare it to or that my placenta could be maturing. He said they were going to have to keep a close eye on things and that I would be coming to the hopsital and my regular doctor weekly. He also suggested that I stop working, because he said stress and the fact that I am on my feet so much may not be helping!
Anyways, they have been performing non stress tests and ultrasounds for the past of couple of weeks and everything has looked okay. I have appointments this week and they are supposed to check the growth again. So we are praying everyday that we get good news and that he has grown some. I just imagine a 5 pound baby, that is so tiny. However, I know God has a plan and will be with us through the next couple of weeks. I am so ready to meet my baby boy and know that no matter what he will be perfect in our eyes!
Now on a lighter note, my fabulous room moms threw me a suprise shower a couple of weeks ago. There was blue cupcakes, cake, ballons, and smiling faces everywhere! It was a real treat. Some of the pics are below!!!!!
I will keep you posted on the news from this week, please keep us in your prayers.
Alaina
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment