Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Thankful for the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

Finally an update!!!!!
This year was a fantastic Christmas! It was the first Christmas I got to host at our home in Maryland. I really enjoyed getting to stay home, I mean who doesn't love to travel, but when you are teaching kindergarten and pregnant it is nice to have people come to you!
My parents were awesome. Mom helped me organize and we made huge progress on baby Morgan's room! Like my good friend Adria said, "Sometimes you just need your mom". Isn't that the truth? Moms can make a world of difference and they just know what you need and my mom thinks for me a lot of the time. She knows how much I have on my plate and really tries to take some of my burdens. Speaking of plates, we also whipped up a pretty good Chrsitmas dinner. I feel "pretty" confident that I have mastered the homemade mac and cheese and sweet potatoes.
We were pretty busy, but in between time we had fab lunches and dinners, shopped, watched movies, played with our dogs, and just enjoyed being together. Both my parents mean the world to me, and being with them made me beyond thankful. I miss them and everyday I wish they lived closer. I only hope that Eddie and I can be as amazing and giving as our parents! I am 25 weeks now and been super busy doing all the little things to get prepared. My last checkup went well, our little guy was more cooperative and the sonographer could see his spinal cord this time!
We are looking forward to the new year and all the new experiences and joy a baby will bring! Oh, and I wanted to share one of my new favorite quotes.
" A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothers shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for."
Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas with family and friends. Wishing you all a happy and healthy New Year!
Enjoy the Christmas pics, check back in a few weeks for nursery pics!
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment